Saturday, May 20, 2006

Change of Address

Dearest Family, Friends, Acquaintances & Supporters
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY!
I have much to announce! I have been a bit of an internet hermit however it is all here, I am safe adn happy! I’ll try to keep it brief as to not waste any words.

1) My co-ordinates have changed. I am able to receive posted mail at P.O Box 727, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I live in Dr Jane Goodall’s house until the end of July. My phone number is (255)744-532-778 and smfowsy@gmail.com is my new webmail. Much appreciated! I have started a web blog, so if you miss me, don’t fret… go to http://www.aries-iris-arts.blogspot.com/.The below information or forms needed are available on my blog.

2) I am booking my plane ticket out of Nairobi, Kenya on September 24. This will mean I have been in Africa(and unemployed) for a year and a day. I have been granted a documentary production grant (half film stock and half in house services in Ottawa) and feel that this foundation will spring board me into the sky. I have posted on the above blog as Kilimanjaro Invitation, as I am in need of support on an adventure trek up the grandest Mount in Africa, hoping to climb in for late July. I know that this sort of fundraising is usually reserves for famous people, like brad pitt and angelina however I think of myself as infamous! Ha ha ha

3) The volunteer work I am doing in Dar has involved a fusion of fundraising and funny pictures. There is also an entry form for the Roots & Shoots; Art & Photo Contest. If you have some art work and would like to have some international exposure please submit your creative idea’s along with the form and fee before the deadline (final chance at 4pm June 15). The theme is PLANT_ANIMAL_HUMAN- a peaceful unity, and the art will be displayed at a event here marking African Child Day.

No comments: