Monday, May 29, 2006

Memories from Race a goat day


Go Mbuzi!
Arriving late and wearing a silly overcoat nitegown, i went to the annual goat race in Dar's Leader's club grassy park. Johana's first impression was one of disgust, rich colonials brought there nanies to mind the children while they downed champaign and wore funny hats. They were forced to wear old tyme maids uniforms.- dispicable reality of the have's and the have nots. My first impression was reminiscant of a concert in tulip festival or harris park. There was kids activities and that attracted me staright away. i didn't even see a goat race, i simply beelined for the facepainting and enjoyed immensely using by dearly departed snazeroo. they ever had sparkels. it had been months since i was able to do this so i painted everone even darhing french Tamara, a friend who let me muck up her face into a garden and wore it thru dinner, washing it off the the bathroon at Talk of the town. butterflies and zebras and spiderman. Kids are all the same even if they are poor, black and hungry, they like to play pretent, scream & run about. there was a game for them to eat donuts off a string which costs 2 goat tickets -
-alternate segment, i had a prelimanary interview to be a kindergarden teacher. send me some good vibes so that the powers that be overlook my complete lack of credentials and see that my experience and imagination make me the perfect person for the job. i guess a part of me misses the status and reason to wake that gainful employment can bring.

No comments: