Wednesday, July 26, 2006

home sweet hammock


after a holiday in Malawi, learning to scuba dive
after teaching a group of 30 plus kids from the alternative learning school about aperature
after a adventure on a night ferry from Zanzibar to
zanzibar wonderful, music and movies,
friends and sugar cane juice
i am starting my return journey towards home
today i sent a package that weighted 22 kg by boat to my friend abby in ottawa
so heavy i had to ask the guard to move it from one counter to the next
filled with artifacts and souvenears, gifts for family and rafikis
making a maiden voyage over surface, set to arrive before christmas.
145 000 shillings with unknown amount inside
money, intangible and abstract
afterwards off to eat fish for lunch with a employee of the CCM
the only policitical party with any power on mainland tanzania
telling me i could get a job in the ministry of natural resources and tourism,
simply due to my western upbringing, somehow making me more employable
i did use the government internet connection to write half of this entry.
nevertheless i am still hunting down film stock, sending sms to strangers
asking them to ask there friends, holding my time at arms distance
in order to avoid x-rayfogging on my 16mm film stock
meeting new born baby, Ella Nuru born to karen and john on saturday
the size of a goose, with blue eyes & lots of room to grow
I return to my hammock of hope,
peace washes over me like the waves on the sand
i take naps which replensh my adventure
visiting with friends on a porch that is familiar to me
talking all under the sun, including how were are very clever
and how the state of time in the world is very interesting
indeed.

No comments: