Tuesday, August 22, 2006

GP job hunt Nairobi


location: Nairobi, kilimani, talentus cyber with soloman, judy, minah, mixing up the music, kinothea sick under blankets.

this picture was taken at the Earthday beach clean up- I am holding Linda video camera at my chafu, wonderful Dar Es Salaam beach.

Dear Greenpeace

My name is Sarah Fowler; I am an independent media artist and am very familiar with the work of Greenpeace, specifically GP Canada. We have a long history as one of my first jobs was fundraising door to door. My commitment has stretched from ideological to financial when I became a frontline member. I am aware of current campaign and intend to make a feature length cinema documentary about life on the rainbow warrior, esperenza and artic sunrise. Currently I am living in Nairobi, Kenya but when you see both my creative energy and diverse experience perfectly suited to the position of video editor I intend to move to Holland.

I completed my first film in 2001, entitled The Memory Game; an exercise in directional thinking. It is a short experimental piece, which toured the festival circuit in Ebensee Austria, Olympia Washington and my home province of Ontario, Canada. Since I have been working on video projects in East Africa, volunteering for the Jane Goodall Institute and learning Kiswahili. I have my own final cut pro editing system, a G4 Macintosh, with which I will edit together my next masterpiece, a travelogue epic with sewn together themes of development work, poverty, theft and spiritual evolution in the cradle of humanity. Time will tell, it may be a musical!

An avenue where I found much experience, both working in time based medium and concrete technical skills was the Independent Filmmakers Co-operative of Ottawa (IFCO). I had the opportunity to work with many talented directors, aiding them in attaining their own vision and also served on the Board of Directors, two years (one as president elect). Integrating contributions from my team, allowed us the accomplishments of submitting multi-year action plans to stakeholders, fabricating production grant criteria, constructing cultural equity policy and encouraging a membership of 200 plus media artist to complete masterpieces for our gala screening

This past July I was a guest instructor for the children’s panorama at ZIFF, Zanzibar Film Festival of the Dhow Countries. My class was designed to be a hands on learning experience for 30 Muslim students, where first we discussed the history of motion picture and then we used still camera to develop an eye for composition and easy with equipment. . Most recently my involvement with the Jane Goodall Institute; Tanzania has presented me the prospect of organizing an art-photo contest and exhibition,. It served as a local fundraiser to support local students on a cultural heritage field trip and marked occasions of World Environment Day and African Child Day. Combining media, art, awareness and democratic involvement of elementary school students, I spearheaded this event. It was very fulfilling to cultivate the idea and bring it to fruition.

My best trait is to cross-pollinate art and awareness, inspiring activism that people carry in their spirits. A collaborative designer, I tell stories which expand perceptions, open lines of communication and act as catalysts for creativity. I immensely enjoy collaborating on a perspective with a team then proceeding to flesh out the idea with details. Allowing the process of organic development to intermingle with facts and situations. Unfortunately due to my current location, which tends to change frequently, I am unable to send a demo reel until late September.

My coordinates are found at the top to my included curriculum vitae. If you have any questions, please contact me.


Sincerely,
Sarah Fowler

No comments: