Monday, May 15, 2006

Kilimanjaro Invitation

Headline:
Lady of Leisure & Canadian volunteer, the exceptional Sarah Fowler scales Mt. Kilimanjaro in search of high art……….she finds receding glaciers.

Invitation:
After a Swahili life of floating on the Indian Ocean, enjoying chai and ugali and getting robbed more times that I care to admit to, I have landed here. At Jane Goodall’s house, in Dar es Salaam, volunteering for Roots & Shoots, organizing an art contest and being photographed for a newspaper. I have faced some solid truths and shadowy aspects of my own experience. I look forward to more of that same but perhaps with more composure, grace and peace. I listen to the waves and feel my identity wash away. Somewhere along my safari I have only run into baboons and feel a lacking of exotic zebra, twiga and elephant. I have also lost the focus of my film, it is no longer in my field of view, nor pumping thru my veins constantly refreshed from my breathing. I have an intention of climbing up the highest peak in these lands to gander at the perspective I find there. I am seeking sponsors and supporters to climb beside me in spirit. If you are interested in donating to my film-finding vision trek please send a cheque payable to or Sarah Fowler to my permanent address at 36 Masson court. London, Ontario, Canada, N6E-1H3 or contact me via email at smfowsy@gmail.com is you have any questions

PS. good news... after months on of the nasty emails i sent to the girl who took my camera has worked, she replied, with excuses appologies and a contact number to get my Vidcam back when i got to mombassa. hip hip horray. it can be easy!

No comments: