Thursday, May 11, 2006

kiswahili meeting

so jana (yesterday) i sat in on a meeting discussing a cross organizational plan to host and event for african child day. ( JUNE 16) I was very impressed at the breadth, goals and especially the bidget. However i mainly read the previous meeting minutes and the game plan as was circulated in english. the discussion was in swahili. I fell in love with a beautiful MZUNGU ( WHITE) women, I think she is french as works for a organization with the word "et" IN THE TITLE. Her swahili was the closest for me to understand, but i still could barely understand 3 words, instead i drank a soda and drew a picture of her. That is how i contribute ot meetings here, i guess.
Oddly a old friend said to me yesterday if i focused on something, anything it would be cool, i have focused on kiswahili but also on simply living peacfully and letting that be enough. hey, 65.89465% ( 2/3 plus kidogo)aint bad.

No comments: