Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sarah fowler for village councillor

My goals are simple.  Active participation in a community that celebrates it strengths and builds solutions on the backs of challenges. Cooperative, transparent government which addresses the concerns of the citizens while keeping a eye on the prize of a diverse future here. Historically my political background is varied but stems from a belief in civic engagement and a willingness to stand up and get involved in the issues we have in common. When I attended university in Ottawa I was fortunate to have worked as an administrative assistant to a member of parliament in the west block.  It was during this experience that I got a taste for the debate which often surrounds politics. Understanding the  rules of representing different peoples view points, while maintaining deadlines and working effectively was eye opening, to say the least.  Since 2001 I have come along way and learnt much about Canada's place in a larger world.  Despite relatively recently moving to Nootka Sound I share my concerns about good governance and long term management of the commons with both old timers and future residents.  The thing that excites me most about Tahsis is the sheer volume of potential in a beautiful remote wilderness. I was attracted to this place by the do-it-yourself pioneer attitude of the Wild West coast and as I build my family and future here I look forward to serving our village in many ways. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny to read this now, feels like a lifetime ago.