Friday, May 22, 2015

Choose your own adventure

location: environment:home sweet home, calm dusk
The to do list only grows, the challenges of parenthood and home making leave me cued up even after everyone sleeps. When the voice in my head nags me to turn on the dryer and fold the heaps of  laundry to keep the clean clothes coming via magic fairy slave train. The resistant radical retorts with a obscene gesture that both validates the beauty of a well kept dresser drawer and asks the question of important priority on repeat, will this effort really make a Difference? Or can I escape into my imagination and transcend the mundane thankless motions that wear on my sleeve. Sweetness smells like a crumpled bit of paper and a minute noticed where exploring mental wanderings tries on a costume of comedy.

I took the girls to the beach today, low tide all to ourselves and I was watching my feet moving over seaweed covered rocks when I heard a splash starboard that could only have been a seal. K got her foot stuck in a hole and we went thru the tahsis drive thru, picking ripe salmon berries from the window of the truck. 

No comments: