Thursday, February 05, 2009

univervery

location:
environment:

2. How do you see your university education contributing to the achievement of your life-long goals?

This question suggests that a university education has further purpose than simply the pursuit of knowledge; the meeting of minds. Although I am sure a certificate of achievement from the prestigious academy of UWO would certainly help me in my further ventures I am more interested in what I have to give, to share with this specific community. How I can expand my goals, to include schools of thought, in a setting of collaboration and advisory. In past, I have been admitted to UWO in 2000 but instead of London I choose to study politics in Ottawa. Since returning to my hometown for matters of family I have identified a goal that has been dormant for sometime, that of attending and completing a full time program of higher education. This would serve me in pursuing my interests of peace practice and knowing; while also being close at home to my family, friends and collaborators. While I have been continuously learning, in the arena of life experiences, I notice a gap of understanding between others and myself. I often witness a gift of emotional exchange with a focus on creative exploration over the global terrain, however I have interest to expand my understanding of intellectual exchanges, languages and forums. In an effort to lessen the gap; to expand the audience of my communication, I can now say that (as they say in French; a essayer) I am ready to apply my creative energy into this medium, the domain of the logical, rational written words. The students’ sphere of evaluation, structure, peer support, apprenticeships, ideas and much reading.

Reading really was my first experience of love, the pride I had as a child for completing my first all word, no picture book. A teacher from my neighborhood helped me to read Little Women and since then I have always found much strength and power from written stories. Within the application I prepared for my acceptance to McGill I listed literature that had helped to shape my morals and ideals, notably Dickens instilled in me a determination to ride over and around obstacles to achieve my aims. Further my experiences of living abroad in Africa have reinforced in my character a perseverance and patience. Cultures sharing and respect for life dominate my priorities and can easily be pursued in a honest uncomplicated manner.

Making films is something I stared early on and have had many options to explore the avenues of the medium. While in grade school I acted in a film, directed by my cousin and hero, the late, Clinton Clifford McIntyre. Despite being the star I complained about having to carry the tripod, and grew tired of having to repeat myself on queue. Since this odd start, I when on to act in a workshop film, I directed with a team and developed a taste for being behind the scenes. I enjoy directing short, independent art films especially those that star puppets, clay animations, or stop motion, in-camera type edits on 16mm film. I have assisted others in their productions in camera, art and editing departments and occasionally play onset as extra.
I am a storyteller, so I have noticed that the best ones are all true, but not for the faint of heart. Suppose I write a novel next, a paperback with steamy jungle photos on the cover. It could be of a woman’s journey to become a whole person, and not simply an accessory, daughter or lover, participating with purpose. Perhaps she writes from the cabin of a freighter crossing the Atlantic. She is returning to her mother’s homeland to participate in research expeditions of herself, of her land of origins, exploring the sacred path taken by ancestors to where one became born. A voyage to uncover the layers of silt on the evolutionary vessels of this wild interconnected, earth. Deep down into the water system, within the Azores archipelago secrets of ancestry will immerge. In my stories I like to coat everything in a heavy batter of fiction to protect myself from the hot suns boiling glaze.

Late at night, I apply to life research expeditions in South America and other tropical regions. The sheer inspiration involved in a warm evening sunset after a sunny day job of counting turtles on islands, or exploring swamps for orchids, or a big bog sniff of muskeg, to swim the seven seas; take in the air, skins breathe salt. To be surrounded by the vast beauty of this natural planet is of great value to me. I feel immense gratitude towards fresh fruit and fish. I can imagine that my own creative energies are peaked by being in this easy balance with the shore environment. I believe a degree from Western may help these late night environmental conservation job hunts, leading me to be more fruitful, since my certification to date, is simply Open Water PADI scuba diver.

I review of past goals leave me with a distaste for the status, vanity and materialism involved in them. Some of these long-term goals include, but are not limited to, the egotistical pursuit of winning an award for m currently incomplete feature documentary film. I suppose the more short-term goal within that expression is born of a desire to compete what I have stared in a mature manner. In a category of goals from past positions form the path of my life I have discovered an innocent naïve nature, now realizing the interdependent agreements of another’s involvement in the realizing of my own dreams. In a conscious way I am practicing having goals that are self reliant, where I alone am left with the responsibility of fulfillment. To focus instead on projects, which are only really completed by my own diligent practice.

As a natural trailblazer I am constantly recommitting to creative communications with people around me. To further integrate of intuited wisdom into a shareable mode of expression, from words, to painting or film and dance, even everyday decision-making can be entered into with a calm heart and a balanced demeanor. I want to balance my own tripod of life, physical, mental, spiritual fulfillment but not one at the cost of another. I want to encounter freedom consciousness in a natural setting, unbound by expectations to experience creative expression in any form, becoming a medium to the life energy. Sustainable food security is interesting to learn about within a limited region and local reach,. I want to get my hand dirty, integrated wisdom of the soil nurturing my instincts. Expanded awareness, continually envelopes me in a encompassing embrace, of higher vibration frequency, I intend to attain enlightenment. I want to practice selflessness and silently expect t o be in the correct place for witnessing miracles.


Practice peace perpetually, internally and outwardly, within my intentional community.

No comments: